<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/19968790?origin\x3dhttp://akaiflutterby.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

Red Flutterby

Random thoughts, whinging and whatnot from yours truly.

 

Graduation Ceremony...Or Lack Thereof

I finally decided that maybe it would be nice to go to a graduation ceremony.

I send an email with my details. Then I give a follow up call.

"That ceremony date has been finalised and is no longer accepting attendees."

Shit!

Alternative Option 1: attend October ceremony.
Alternative Option 2: receive certificate in absentia.

One of my collegues says graduation ceremonies are over-rated. Maybe he's right.
I want to take photos of uni though. Maybe I should just go on a weekend and take photos. But lecturers aren't there.

*sigh*
What to do?????????????????????????????????????????????

 

for this post

 
Anonymous Anonymous Says:

I originally missed the cut off date as well. I emailed & called a lecture and he managed to contact the graduation organisers to slide me in. I personally think the certificate isn't that important, but the photos with friends. When do most of your uni friends graduate? If they're doing honours or something, maybe graduate with them next year.....(if it's possible) But if they're graduating this year, call a lecture who knows you.. I think they will be able to arrange something for you.

 
 
Blogger Squee Pants Says:

The thing is, we're all split up.

Rose and Elizabeth are doing honours, so they'll be next year.
Ana did Comm/Science and her course is admin'ed by Science Faculty. They have ceremonies on different dates to straight Comm people.
Em is Arts; different dates again.
Amira is halfway through her second degree (law) so she won't be done for another 2 yrs.

And thus my dilemma: There's no one!!

 

Leave a Reply