<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/19968790?origin\x3dhttp://akaiflutterby.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

Red Flutterby

Random thoughts, whinging and whatnot from yours truly.

 

Piano & I

I wonder what it looks like to my family when I play my piano.
They can't hear any music cos I always play with my headphones when they're around. But they do hear me meowing out melodies, along with odd squeaks and curses when I make mistakes.

The house must have been so quite when I was in China.

-----------------------------------------------

I've been re-inspired by Monique diMattina (aka "hawt pianist") to make an active effort to improve my piano skills; namely in improvisation.
Unfortunately, to become good at improvisation one must know scales, intervals, chords, inversions, and timing.

Speaking of Monique, I think she's playing at Manchester Lane on Sat 15th April with Andrew Swann. Who wants to go?

 

for this post

 
Anonymous Anonymous Says:

lol, the piano thing with ghibli/final fantasy music is on that day.
if you go to both youll be all "pianode" out. ( i dont know how to spell the word im trying to say)

and if you dont come with me ill throw a tantrum

 
 
Blogger Squee Pants Says:

oh yeah! I forgot!
hmm...both would be good....
We can decide on the day.

 
 
Anonymous Anonymous Says:

You know stuff... now play with it. Learn more later.

 
 
Blogger Jack Says:

Hui-Ai!!! Come home!!

 

Leave a Reply