<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/19968790?origin\x3dhttp://akaiflutterby.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

Red Flutterby

Random thoughts, whinging and whatnot from yours truly.

 

I Have Mail!! Oh Wait...No I Don't!!

Finally! A postcard from beloved GyanGyan! Yay! ^^

Well actually, NO!

I got a letter from Quarantine with a photocopy of a postcard from Gyan! ><

What are my options?
1) Let them destroy it after 30 days
2) Have it returned to sender for a small fee of...$42.50????

You bloody extortionists!!! You want me to pay 40 bucks to have it sent back to Japan??!?!? How on earth do you figure it costs 35 times the amount of the initial sending to have it returned to sender???

GyanGyan, babe. Thank you for the postcard! I love it! Even though I can only see it in black and white.
*breaks down crying*

 

for this post

 
Blogger Jack Says:

Hehehe everyone's putting up barriers between you and Gyan. Maybe God is trying to tell you something?

 
 
Blogger Squee Pants Says:

God???
What god?? It's Australia's quarantine department!!! They are not god!!! Blasphemy!

 
 
Anonymous Anonymous Says:

i think its a conspiracy, i sent jack a postcard from cambodia that never arrived.
i think i may not have bribed the post office guy enough, maybe if i had payed him $40 it would have got through.
Its a real shame too cause it was jam packed with humour about buying him a wife.

 
 
Blogger Squee Pants Says:

Bob, your answer is right there! The guys at the mail centre want to know how to buy a wife.

 
 
Anonymous Anonymous Says:

Oh babi...
I'm so sorri, completely forgot that it wont pass quarantine...^^; will send you another one
Dont cry~

 
 
Anonymous Anonymous Says:

Oh babi,
I'm so sorri, completely forgot that it wouldn't pass quarantine...^^;
I'll send another one ^^
Don't Cry~

 
 
Anonymous Anonymous Says:

Hee..and sorri about the comment x2.... ^^;

 
 
Blogger Jack Says:

gyan gyan gyan gyan gyan gyan gyan gyan gyan gyan gyan gyan gyan gyan gyan gyan gyan gyan gyan gyan gyan gyan

 
 
Anonymous Anonymous Says:

Same thing happened to me! I can't believe they're so strict about it.

 
 
Anonymous Anonymous Says:

jack jack jack jack jack jack jack jack jack jack jack jack jack jack jack jack jack jack jack jack jack jack jack jack jack jack jack jack jack jack jack jack jack jack hihi!

-----------------------------------
I'm sorri fayfay.... aiai....
i'l remember next time... I'm sure it looks as good as a photocopy.... ^^;

 
 
Anonymous Anonymous Says:

... y ... is me...
I blame a new keyboard... and fatigue.... > <)

 
 
Anonymous Anonymous Says:

surely 43 dollars or so is more than the value of your friendship with Gyan. get it sent back to her so she can bring it back herself. Or mail it in an envelope so they can't tell.

 
 
Blogger Squee Pants Says:

Unfortunately I'm more practical/thrifty than I am soppy.

Cost of new postcard: $10 - $15? (since it was fancy and all)

Cost to bring it back in a suitcase: $0
OR
Cost to post it in an envelope: approx $3

Total cost: significantly lower than $42.50

So there!
The extent of my miserliness is not correlated with the value of our friendship.

 
 
Anonymous Anonymous Says:

Tis cool tis cool...
Have it destroyed...I'l just look for a nicer one, we arent ones to bow down to Australian Quarantine!! ^^)o
Hehe...
Its realli not worth 42.50.... they might not let me pass with it in my suitcase or in a envelope anyway ^^;

 

Leave a Reply