Black Sheep
I enter the house. There aren't a lot of people there yet, but I know I'm the odd one out already.
An hour or so passes, more people arrive. They group together in their little cliques.
Birthday boy asks that I be photographer for the night. Hooray! Do a few laps of the house and take photos of the people in their cliques. They probably have no clue who the hell I am. Nor do they care.
I am oustide observer.
Chit chat with a few people I haven't seen in a while. Meet a couple of new people.
Pretty much everyone is doing either med or law at Melb Uni and went to CGS, MHS or MacRob. And then there's me.
"So what are you doing? Are you still at uni?"
"I've just finished."
"Oh really? What did you do?"
"Commerce."
"At Melb or Monash?"
"La Trobe, actually"
"Oh."
And right there, you can catch the slightest twinge of condolence on their face; "I'm sorry for your stupidity". Possibly repulse. Or was it pity?
Very elitist atmosphere. Maybe it was just my imagination cos I was the dumbest one there.
A hummer rocks up out front and nearly flattens my car. Nah not really. But it was pretty much twice the size of my camry. I take photos ^^
The girls swap cliquey gossip and talk about hair, fashion and cute guys. Can't join in. Don't know who they're talking about, my lifestyle doesn't allow for beautiful hair, and I'm not a fashion junky.
I talk cars for a bit with a couple of guys.
Off to check out some eye candy with the girls. Not bad.
Speeches! Funny stuff. The peanut gallery enhanced the stories. I take videos.
Cake time! Yay! T'was HUGE and mangolicious! So happy!
I hear tipsy birthday boy yell out my name repeatedly over the crowd.
"What? What???"
"Take photos!!"
"OK!!"
I take more photos and proceed to have 2 servings of cake! ^^
After that, things start to die down. People start to leave.
Birthday boy: very tipsy after 7-8 shots. Friend who got lift with me: tipsy after 4 shots. Me: sober cos I was designated driver.
Home time. Good party! ^^


camera person is always an interesting job to have at a party...
thx hui-ai! i really really appreciate it. check out hui-ai's awesome photography @ http://spaces.msn.com/sunsun1226/
Wow!! SunSun still reads my blog???
That's amazing!! ureshi! XD
You left off a few pics though. Like the one of me feeding you :P
they're for his "private" collection
you were so not the black sheep :P