<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/19968790?origin\x3dhttp://akaiflutterby.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

Red Flutterby

Random thoughts, whinging and whatnot from yours truly.

 

Rollercoaster! (possibly my most boring post yet!)

Today was the weirdest day emotion-wise.

First off. I woke up late. Was supposed to leave the house at 10am to get to my interview and instead of waking up at 9, I woke up at 9:40 giving me a whole 20 minutes to get ready. As a result, I didn't eat. Running on adrenalin.

On the train, pretty spaced out. No food = no energy.

In the interview, listened intently while I was given the history of the firm and the work involved.

Back on the train and I start feeling really shit.
"Crap! If I take this position, what the hell will I get myself into?? Will I be able to cope? aaaarrrgggghhhh!!!"
Next comes worrying about work and life in general. You know, same old same old. Then the sick in the stomach feeling hits. Not sure if it was the movement of the train or the heat or the lack of food; probably all the above. By the time I get to my stop I'm ready to collapse. Then the friggin bus doesn't show up, so have to call Dad to pick me up before I fall on the ground with a *kersplat!* Of course, I don't let this show.

Whilst refuelling on noodles, I get a call from my agent asking how it went. I tell him it went well, that there's a possibility of a second interview next week and I tell him of my concerns regarding the very specialised nature of the firm. Then he says a few things that really open my eyes to the opportunities. And just like that, I want the job! Sure, I may be forced to slave away for the next few years (and I'll have to catch stupid public transport) but it'll be a good learning experience. Plus there's the possibility of a very handsome pay. ^^ That always helps.

Off to work. Running late. Don't really feel like working, but with my new pay rise, it's hard to stay away. Spacing out again...

In a meeting with finance manager, management accountant and a product manager. Trying hard to concentrate. I think I picked up the jist of what was going on. Anywho, more exciting work for me! Yay.

Another call from from my agent! Second interview made and finalised! Hooray! I have purposely been given a week in between interviews so I can have a good think about whether the firm is right for me or not. This new potential employer is clever like that.

Space out for the rest of the day. Maybe should have visited the coffee room...

Home time. Driving home and I'm all happy happy joy joy! No idea why! Most likely cos something productive is happening in my life.

And now I'm back to spaced out.
Time to sleep.

 

for this post

 
Anonymous Anonymous Says:

awesome! if it's any consolation, what you felt after the interview is pretty much how i felt on the day of my second interview with DB when I flew up to Sydney. So yeah, while it'll make you sick to your stomach sometimes, it's exciting.

Anywhos, more luck to come yet =)

 
 
Anonymous Anonymous Says:

Congratulations, hope you're enjoying life as it is. Still have no idea what I'll do with my life but hey, I'm sure I'll be fine.

 

Leave a Reply