<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/19968790?origin\x3dhttp://akaiflutterby.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

Red Flutterby

Random thoughts, whinging and whatnot from yours truly.

 

And now, to Contemplate My Lonliness^^" (how pathetic!)

Man! I'm so bored!
Normally when I'm bored out of my mind, I call her up and see what she's up to. Now there's not really anybody I can reliably harrass without feeling guilty about it. Everyone has other friends to do stuff with and I don't want to intrude or stalk them too much.

And if I have some d&m to discuss, I vent on her. I can't really do that with anyone else. Not exactly sure why. I don't want to burden people who might not see me as a close friend. Maybe I'm only comfortable revealing weakness to a select few. Maybe I don't want to come across as clingy or look like I'm just using people cos she's not here. Probably all of the above. The end result is that I wallow in my confusion and let the emo problems fester and rot. And I know people have told me that it's bad to keep problems to yourself and you should get them out and solve them, blah blah blah. But what the hell do you do when your shrink skips the country for 2 months? Find a new one? No. I think not.

Thus far I have looked at her absence as an opportunity to catch up with other friends and make better relations with them. And I have gotten to know some of my friends a lot better while she's been away; for which I'm truely grateful for. (I also suspect I've overstayed my welcome a bit, but hey!) However, at the end of the day, all these other friends just aren't as reliable as her. Not saying that you're bad friends or anything. Just saying that I know you have your own lives and I'm not really that big a part in it.

And the revelation hits!: She is a really big part of my life. If she hadn't continued to keep me involved in her life - even after high school and while going to different unis - I probably wouldn't have met half the friends I have today. Leeching friends? Perhaps. I prefer to see it as networking. ^^ Either way, the net result has been great times and happy memories.

She's always there for me when I have problems. And I help her wherever I can.
And that's why I call her my best friend. ^_^ ~x

Friends who I have become closer to during this time (J-dawg, L-dizzle, D-san) -- I'm not going to ditch you when she gets back. It's not that easy to get rid of me!!! mwohahahaha!!

 

for this post

 
Blogger Jack Says:

It's been really cool hanging with you too. ^^

To be honest, you were sort of a mystery to me since I only ever saw you when I was around Fay and you really didn't say that much.

Also, I love stealing other people's friends. It's my favourite pastime!

 
 
Anonymous Anonymous Says:

SO EMO. :P

I can sorta relate because I used to be the guy that other people dumped their problems on. I kinda feel guilty because I purposefully distanced myself from that a couple of years back, though. You need someone to talk stuff through with, and it's a bonus if they don't charge by the hour.

 
 
Anonymous Anonymous Says:

I can vouch for Jack stealing people's friends. He's stolen practically all of mine and left me alone. back stabbing bitch.

 
 
Anonymous Anonymous Says:

yeah i can vouch for jack stealing friends too. except i never let him near my friends to steal any, clever me :D

There are some people who appear nice but dont' really wanna hear your sad story and then there are people who seems ditzy but would love to sit down for a d&m. Just choose who u feel comfortable with and talk. Me personaly i dont' tell one person everything... i spread it across thousands so no one knows the truth! muahahaahhahahahaha suckers

 
 
Blogger Squee Pants Says:

hmm...Chicky's approach sounds good. Maybe I should give that a go. ^^

How do you identify the nice don't-give-a-crap people and the ditzy good listeners?

 
 
Anonymous Anonymous Says:

jack's nice but doesn't give a crap, while chicky and fay are ditzy good listeners. Draw your conclusions from that ;P

 
 
Blogger Jack Says:

If I upset you in some way Karan, it's ok to talk to me about it...

 
 
Anonymous Anonymous Says:

hehe l-dizzle

It's been great hanging out with you - I've had so much fun in the last couple of weeks I haven't known what to do with myself. That... doesn't even make sense.

I can totally vouch for jack stealing friends too - like... it just seems we don't talk much anymore :( Hanging round all these other peeps man, wtf?

Jack man, where did we go wrong :(

My parents even like you more than me, and I don't know why. You're more of a son to them than i'll ever be. I wrote this poem to summarize the situation between us man:

"
Jack is cool
but don't be a fool
he steals all your friends
HE STEALS ALL YOUR FRIENDS
"

*cries*

 
 
Blogger Squee Pants Says:

So Jack steals friends AND family!
Wow! He is truly a master in stealing people! You have natural talent man! ^^

 
 
Anonymous Anonymous Says:

just tellin' it like it is, Jack =]

 

Leave a Reply