<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/19968790?origin\x3dhttp://akaiflutterby.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

Red Flutterby

Random thoughts, whinging and whatnot from yours truly.

 

Cake-tacular Competition!

Which is better?!
Cupcakes made from the ready mixed packets? Or cupcakes made from scratch?
This was the question posed at morning tea break on Thursday, which was sparked by me bringing in a solitary home made cupcake in a cute little container.

"I think I'll bake some cupcakes tonight," said new Marketing co-op girl, "but they'll be from a packet."
"Oh! I was thinking of baking tonight too," replied I, "but mine shall be from scratch."

.....
The battle was on!!!
Packet vs. Home made.

We both stayed up til 11pm that night baking and icing cupcakes.

Friday, 3:30pm, in the canteen was where the final show down took place. I had sent out an email to our mutual co-worker friends. The turn out was most pleasing. Not everyone on the invite list turned up, which was good, because there was only just enough cupcakes for all.

Her's were chocolate with smarties on top (Cadbury, I believe it was).
Mine were vanilla with mango-esque icing.

After sampling both, the complements came pouring out.
"This is really nice!"
"I love the icing! What is it?"
"I really like the texture of yours."

I won hands down!!! :D
Happy happy joy joy!
It was a good socialising session. And it was absolutely delightful to make everyone happy and full of cake for the afternoon.

And the real reason I baked that night....
To use up the excess icing made the previous Sunday, when I had tried the recipe for the first time and discovered that the icing was 3 times more than required.

Labels: ,

 

for this post

Leave a Reply