<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/19968790?origin\x3dhttp://akaiflutterby.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

Red Flutterby

Random thoughts, whinging and whatnot from yours truly.

 

Just Like That

I bought a Mac Mini!! Biggest impulse buy ever!!! >.< Some girls buy shoes, I buy a computer...I think it evens out over the long run.
New models had been announced. Current (well, now old) models were reduced to run-out prices; from $1,249 to $799. Only display models left. It's a bargain! Sure! Why not?

I shall bring it home on Tuesday. The guy at JB Hi-Fi has promised to install some applications on it for free....However, since then I have been told that I could have downloaded them for free anyway, a la Jack....Oh wells!

My plan is to eventually get a big big monitor (24") in say, a year's time when they have come down in price a bit more. And if I really really need it, get an external HD. My Mac Mini has 80Gb, which should be enough, especially if I back up and burn stuff to DVD with my funky dual layer DVD burner.

Now only a few issues are left outstanding: 1) whether or not to get an Apple mouse and keyboard; 2) somehow convince my family to upgrade to wireless internet; and more importantly, 3) where to put it.

Labels:

 

for this post

 
Blogger Jack Says:

woohoo! Macs are awesome!

 
 
Blogger karan Says:

more mac converts!

It's the perfect under-the-TV computer actually - make sure you get the TV/video out adaptors so you can easily use it there. Lemme know how it goes, I'm considering one for my place too actually.

 

Leave a Reply