Pantry Needs
Background...
Couple of months ago, when Nestle Club dark chocolate (250g block) was on special at the supermarket, I decided to stock up on some for future use in baking/cooking. I bought 4-5 blocks, of which I used roughly half.
Currently...
I found a black forest cupcake recipe that I want to try. It requires 100g of dark chocolate and then some, which, according to my mental inventory register, I still had in the pantry.
Upon performing a stock take, the remaining blocks that I thought I had left have disappeared and been replaced with smaller (100g) and more expensive blocks of Lindt Excellence 70% cocoa Extra Fine chocolate.
Dilemma...
Do I use the Extra Fine chocolate for baking? Or do I go out and buy more cheaper dark chocolate at normal RRP?
It seems a bit of a waste to use really nice eating chocolate for baking, hence my hesitation.
How do I prevent the rest of my family from eating my baking inventory?
Should I create a sub-pantry and get an air-tight tub with a big red "DO NOT CONSUME" written on the lid and store my food stuffs in there? Or should I just let anyone eat whatever and if I need it, I write it on the shopping list and let my parents buy it when it's not on special?
I guess it's only small money at the end of the day. It's just inconvenient when I want to make something and the ingredients I thought I had aren't there.
No cupcakes this weekend.
:(
Labels: Chocolate, Puff'n'Stuff


wrap it in a "home brand" packaging labelled "Low Grade Cooking Chocolate" and watch no-one touch it :)