<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/19968790?origin\x3dhttp://akaiflutterby.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

Red Flutterby

Random thoughts, whinging and whatnot from yours truly.

 

Claude

Claude was there from the start.
He would quietly wander in occasionally and sit behind us in the middle of a lesson. Just sat and listened.
I also vaguely remember him greeting me at the door and showing me out when I left.

After a few years, Claude got old.
He had a stroke and couldn't move around as much as he used to.

From then on Claude would lie on the floor behind us as I played the piano. He was there at the start of the lesson and he would still be there at the end.
He never made a sound; he would just lay there on his blanky and listen.

His day finally came, and Claude was gone.
It was very sad.
The room felt empty for a long time.

He successor is overly hyper-active! He's not allowed in during lessons.

I miss Claude.
He was the best golden retriever I've ever met; in fact, the best dog I've ever known.

 

for this post

 
Anonymous Anonymous Says:

I don't remember a dog being there when I went to your lesson with you. Either i was too busy watching you, or the dog wasn't there. Shame, I love golden retrievers.

 
 
Anonymous Anonymous Says:

what did he say?

 
 
Blogger Jack Says:

That's sad :(

It's always weird how I imagine old, quiet dogs to be like full of knowledge and wisdom and just plain contented with life.

 
 
Blogger Squee Pants Says:

uhh...Claude died probably 8 years ago. That's why he wasn't there.

Dunno what peter said.

I think Claude was full of knowledge and wisdom and content with life.

Waa! I miss him!!;_;

 

Leave a Reply