<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/19968790?origin\x3dhttp://akaiflutterby.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

Red Flutterby

Random thoughts, whinging and whatnot from yours truly.

 

Summary for Studds:

So, what's been happening??

Whilst I was in Sydney I stumbled across an outdoor store. I proceeded to buy myself a chalk bag and some chalk at a discounted price of $21.11. Plus the guy gave me some free rope to tie my new chalk bag around my waist. At $1.25 per metre, that's gotta be a saving of at least $1.50! Score! XD

Training on Thursday was much fun. There were 6 of us (Mal had soyed again) and I got to play with Trev all night! :D

Friday night, bummed at Jack and Lachie's new temporary residence. Made friends with cat. ^^

Saturday was also fun. Since there's a grading next Saturday, we've been doing grading stuff for the past few weeks. Pretty much all of the lower grade people are going for it (except Dad). The highlight is Phil going for 2nd kyu. Finally! :D
Also, when I rocked up, who should I see but your brother!! This here's starting to be a family affair!
Also, weapons arrived XD and were collected. Very nice! ^^ Your bokken is awaiting your return....as am I. >< (Did I tell you I got a new gi? Well, I got a new gi a few weeks ago. $50! Bargain!! It's got silly elastic waist pants though.)
Attempted shoe shopping along Smith Street (after a bit of climbing) and failed miserably; did end up buying a work shirt though. Then more bumming and an absolutely delicious home made cabonara at Jack and Lachie's conveniently located house.

And on the gloriously sunny day that was today, Bob and I cycled from my place all the way to Southbank. (Springfield Rd, various parks, Eastern Fwy, Yarra River). Did we have fun? Did we get sore bums? Doing it again when you get back? Hell yes! XD
Highlight #1: Me going really slooooow...with gears that don't quite change smoothly....hm.
Highlight #2: Bouldering walls along the Burnley Boardwalk. Of course we stopped and climbed for a bit! Fun and funner!
Highlight #3: Bob stacked :( His knee bled profusely and blood trickled down his shin :( poor Bob.
After lunch, ice cream, a bit of street performance, and an outdoor photography exhibition it was home time. (Somewhere along the way we acquired Jack, Lachie and Hamish...)

The end.

 

for this post

 
Blogger Jack Says:

You failed to mention the part where we all bagged Marlene for being a spinster-in-training.

 
 
 
Blogger Jack Says:

Oh right, you had already gone home.

 

Leave a Reply